This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Every single day Christians have a warfare going on within their minds and hearts. Each day we have a choice… We can choose to walk in the Spirit or we can choose to walk in the flesh. In fact, we have the choice to choose the Spirit or the flesh with every single decision and action we make all day long.
For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. Galatians 5:17
Sometimes we forget how important our choices are when we are in the middle of the Spirit VS Flesh warfare. If we choose wrongly we allow ourselves to be overtaken by worldly things and therefore allow the flesh to win. The world that we decided to give up when we became followers of Christ. Instead, we have to make a choice to walk in the Spirit. Not only is doing so pleasing to the God but it is also extremely beneficial to our own lives. Walking in the flesh only leads to trouble and destruction.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
Benefits of Walking in the Spirit:
- Walking in love allows us to see others in a different light. We are able to serve others and view others the way Christ does.
- Walking in joy helps us to remember that despite the struggles we are facing we have hope in the Lord that will carry us through all obstacles.
- Walking in peace allows us to remain calm and focused on the Lord which actually helps relieve stress.
- Walking with patience allows us to remained centered on the fact that not only do we need to apply grace to others but that God applies that same grace to us.
- Walking in kindness allows us to outwardly show others love and compassion.
- Walking in goodness helps us show those around us that we are in fact different from the world.
- Walking in faithfulness allows us to not only follow Christ but it helps us to strengthen our relationship with Christ. After all, He is faithful and we should be as well.
- Walking in gentleness helps us to promote a humble attitude within ourselves and to show others the same humility.
- Walking in self-control helps us to avoid regret later on when we reflect on situations.
The simple fact is that day by day, hour by hour and minute by minute we are in a Spirit VS Flesh warfare. We can only let one of these two things win… It’s up to us to choose. Which will you choose?
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?