This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
As a busy woman, I know the struggles of finding time to get Bible time into their day. I also know however that Bible time has to be one of those items on my to-do list that I can not afford to push down to the bottom of my list for fear that it may not get done. The fact is that finding time to study God’s Word is something that we have to be diligent about because in doing so not only are we not setting a good example for those around us but we are also allowing ourselves to lose focus on Christ in our day to day lives. Not to mention we are missing out on a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father.
Developing a Strong Bible Time
Of course, there will always be reasons to miss our Bible time.In fact, I a few I have heard are:
- The children don’t sleep at night so I am just too tired.
- I don’t have time during the day.
- I work during the day and so penciling in the time to study is just not an option.
Though I understand having littles that don’t sleep, working outside the home and just being simply busy I am reminded often of something I tell my children a lot…….
Our walk with Christ has to be made a priority in our lives if we are ever to actually change the world around us!! Not to mention that until we put God in the front of all our other worldly things we will never change our study habits so that we can grow.
Ideas to Get You on Your Way
- Preset your coffee pot and prepare to wake up a bit earlier. Yes, it takes time getting used to waking up earlier but just like all things worth having sometimes you have to learn a new habit.
- Listen to the Bible on a CD or app on your phone. Though I am a firm believer in opening up my Bible every morning in some seasons of life this is not always possible. I get that. However, we can still get some Bible time in by listening to it while you cook a meal, rock a baby to sleep or clean up around the house.
- Create a special place for you and God to meet. This special place can be in your bedroom, at the kitchen table or even a closet if need be. In this special place store your items that you will need. You markers, pens, journaling paper, resource books, devotional books and whatever else you feel you may need.
- Refuse to give up your time!! Set out quiet books for your little ones for if they wake up early or you need to sneak in your Bible time, turn on a Veggie Tales video or whatever it is that you have to do. Just make sure that you strive at all cost to keep your time with God.
Here is a Few of My Favorite Bible Time Tools:
U.S. Office Supply Bible Safe Gel Highlighters – 6 Bright Neon Highlight Colors – Won’t Bleed, Fade or Smear – Study GuideLittle Coffee Whole Lot of Jesus 16 Ounce Ceramic Mug with LidVremi Single Cup Coffee Maker – includes 14 oz Travel Coffee Mug and Reusable Filter – Personal 1 Cup Drip Coffee Maker to Brew Ground Beans – Black and Silver Single Serve One Cup Coffee DripperBible Journaling Notebook With Decorative Embellishments (8×10 Journal): Lightly Lined Notebook with Extra-Wide Margins & Creative Details, 120 Pages — Watercolor CrossPaper Mate InkJoy 100ST Ballpoint Pen, Medium, Black, Set of 8 (1819485)VeggieTales Veggie Values: A Board Book Collection (Big Idea Books)VeggieTales: All the Shows Vol 1Bible
Developing a strong Bible time in your life takes work. It takes an effort to make it a lifelong habit but it is a must if you intend the be the best that you can be for you and your family.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?