This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
I can not tell you how many times I have been asked how I get myself and the kids out the door on Sunday morning and still get arrive on time (well most of the time). Most of the time I just grin because honestly I think that people are just asking because they are trying to be nice. However- recently I figured out that people were very much so serious. So for that reason I thought I would give you a few of the tips that work in my home and maybe just maybe they will work for you as well.
One thing early one we discovered in our home that if we allow our children to rule our home that we would never have any sort of control. This logic actually pertains to far more then just getting out the door on Sunday morning but to a whole lot of different areas. Sadly getting our children to see things our way and to actually follow directions takes a lot of work and a whole lot of training. There is always a learning curve and it is most certainly always a lot of trail and error moments involved.
Ending the Sunday Morning Struggle:
- Lay out all the clothes (including shoes) the night before. One of the major hangups in our home is what I like to call clothing surprises. Satan loves for us to be defeated and even more so when it comes to actually attending Church with our children. Shoes will be lost on a Sunday morning, outfits will mysteriously all be dirty and sock on a Sunday morning can never be found. For this reason we set out clothes the night before. Mind you as my children have gotten older I allow them all to pick out their own clothes which leads to not allows heading out the door with children who match but hey I am kinda OK with that.
- Pack all the bags and items you will need the night before. I actually help in a lot of different areas at our Church which means that sometimes I have a lot of things I need to take with me. That is why our kitchen table becomes control central. Bibles, books, materials that need to go to Church and well anything else is all laid right there. This way when we are heading out the door we pick up the bags and run.
- Make your breakfast easy. I am one of those moms who will gladly serve you ceral on a Sunday morning so I can get out the door on time. This actually works out great for me because it means I am not going to be greeted with tons of dishes as soon as I get home from Church. So yes we need to feed our kids but we don’t have to make them a gourment breakfast.
- Set a time to leave and stick with it. 9:15 am is our time to get out the door. This gives us time to play with but shhh don’t tell the kids that. I like having a set time to be out the door and I call out a count down so the kids know their time is running out.
- Wake up long before the kids do. I wake up before the kids do on Sunday morning (well and every other morning for that matter). This gives me time to actually get showered, dressed and such before the kids wake up and the rush begins. Mind you I don’t put on my shoes until I am ready to head out the door.
And there you have it our tips to getting out the door on Sunday morning with little to no trouble at all. I would love to know some of your tips. Feel free to leave them below in the comments.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?