This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Our homeschooling year is just about to kick off into full gear and our whole house is full of excitement. You see this year we are doing something different………I put the kids in charge.
Yep, you read that right we are putting the kids in charge and I can already tell that this is going to be simply amazing. Yes, I know what you are thinking….Aren’t you the woman who buys tons of curriculum? The fact is I do in fact have a curriculum addiction problem. I also will surprise you to say that this year that we will, in fact, use all of the curricula that I have stockpiled for this year. You see this year we are going at things in a different approach. We will be doing a more child-led school program with an OCD planner twist.
So What Will We Be Doing?
- Child-led unit studies
- Reading- Hooked on Phonics (for the littles)
- Math-Teaching Textbooks and BJU Math
- Geography- United States study that will be researched by our middle schooler (more on this later)
- History- Ancient History Through the Middle Ages
- Writing- WriteShop
- Science- Creation Astronomy
- Health- Living Healthy: A Middle School Health Curriculum
- Keyboarding (for the littles) and Coding (for the middle schooler)
- Music – Classical Musical Artists
- Art- Ancient Art
- PE- Karate and Dance
- Bible- A Content Heart from Not Consumed and My Character Matters from The Multi Taskin’ Mom
I must say I look at this list and think wow that’s a lot. However, I could not be more excited to dive into all these various things that our children have chosen for themselves. After all, learning needs to be fun. What better way to make it fun than to pull your children in on the picking of their own curriculum.
I would love to know what it is that you all will be using in your homeschooling year? I would also like to know what it is that you will be doing differently during your homeschooling year?
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?