This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Have you become a victim to homemaking? You may have and just not realized it yet.
Victims of Homemaking
- Feel as though they are stuck in an endless loop of housework.
- Finds themselves constantly complaining about housework.
- Feels as though creating a loving environment is only benefiting those around them but not themselves.
If you are having these feelings and or thoughts, chances are that you are in fact suffering from feeling like a victim to your homemaking efforts.
Overcoming the Victim Approach:
It’s easy to fall victim to our homemaking efforts. We become tired, worn down, and feeling as though no one understands how hard it is to maintain our homes. Pretty soon we are no longer serving those in our homes with a happy and loving heart. Instead, it comes from a place of bitterness, resentment, and frustration.
The fact is that we have been so busy comparing ourselves with others and attempting to keep up with others that we have forgotten that homemaking is more than just the art of keeping a clean home and fed children. Homemaking is an art of creating a loving environment for ourselves and those who live in our homes with us.
Here are Some Tips to Help Get Your Heart in the Right Place:
- Combat those negative thoughts: Satan is a liar and we can combat these thoughts with scripture. Place them all over the house if you need to.
- Creating routines will help: Routines help us maintain focus and order.
- Place things around the home that make you smile: Never underestimate the power a picture or vase filled with flowers can have on your mood and the atmosphere of your home.
- Take a little time for yourself: We can not pour from an empty pitch.
- Learn to let go of the small stuff: If it won’t matter in 30 years then it shouldn’t matter now.
- Choose to think of each task as a blessing: There are many people who wished right now that they had what you have.
There is no need to be a victim to homemaking. Instead, we can embrace our homemaking duties with a joyful heart.
Until next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?