This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
In a secular world, Christians aren’t liked. In fact, all over the world, Christians are being persecuted. It’s certainly a very scary time to be a Christians not to mention it can sometimes be an enraging time to be a Christian as well. Often times when you express that you are a Christian almost instantly you will be judged. It’s not because Christianity is bad it is more because it is misunderstood and other times it is because people find it difficult to grasp the concept of a higher being. That is why it is so important to learn how to share the gospel in an effective manner.
Time and time again I have heard it expressed that Christians feel they are better than anyone else. Some often say that we are overbearing and a bit judgemental. I can’t help but think of times when I myself felt this way. It’s not because we all try to give off that vibe it is more because we really do not understand how to minister to the outside world in a way that is effective.
So How Do We Effectively Share the Gospel with Others?
- Sit all judgements at the door. Yes, the Bible says that we are to talk to our brothers and sisters about sins but, one who has not professed to know Christ is not our brother or sister. Instead, we need to remember that we to have sinned and we sin daily even if we don’t want to think that we do. Try speaking with them in love and with understanding.
- Pray over your responses. Talking about God can be hard when you are speaking with a non-believer. Sometimes expressing our beliefs can cause conflict. This is why it is important the pray over the words that are going to come out of our mouths. Our words can have a powerful impact so we need to make sure that we allow God to take charge and trust me He will.
- Live out your testimony. Instead of relying on our words alone we need to allow others to see Christ in us!! This means that we need to try to live our lives as close as we can relying on God and His Word. Our actions speak volumes to the outside world.
- Remember they aren’t rejecting you. I have had many relationships end because of my beliefs. Some were close friends and some were even family members. It took a long time for me to come to terms with the fact they were not rejecting me but they were rejecting God and that is what our words and our lifestyle promotes.
- Pray for those we come in contact with. Sometimes all we can do is pray. We need to pray for those we come in contact with. Pray that others will see Christ in you, that you plant at least one seed in someone, and make sure to not only pray for their hearts but yours as well.
We live in a world where we are surrounded by secular people. Attempting to share the gospel can be so hard but it is also so important. Trust that God has put each and every person into our lives for a reason. It is up to us to share with gospel with them.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?