This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
For as long as I can remember I have always over planned and over booked myself. It has always worked out mind you but this is mainly because I have put myself last to accomplish everything else. Something I have had to learn is that I need to keep my priorities in check. I also need to make sure they are in alignment with what God wants from me as a wife and mother.
Let’s face it. Allowing ourselves to be bogged down with to many things is simply not only not healthy for ourselves it is also not healthy for our family. A lot of times when our schedules get super full it is our families that suffer not just us. Our family needs more of us and less of a busy schedule.
I myself have been working on this one. As I have been cutting my schedule I have realize that I am still just as busy as I was before. Not because I have added more to my load but because apparently I was just that busy. With that being said I had to really sit down and really think about where all my time was going. It was then that I was able to see where my time was being spent and it was then that I was able to see where I needed to make more cuts.
My New List of Priorities:
- My relationship with God: Let’s not confuse things. There is a difference between working toward leading others to Christ and building a relationship with Christ. Before we can ever be effective in leading others to Christ which means we ourselves need to make sure we are keeping our focus on God not busy stuff.
- My relationship with my husband: It is so easy to take advantage of our husbands. After all they took vows to always be there. Yet, we can not expect our marriage to grow if we do not invest time in it. One of the major causes of divorce is when a relationship is neglected.
- My relationship with my children: Before anyone else we should be ministering to our children’s hearts. They after all will be the ones who will face this world long after we are gone. Therefore, we need to make sure that we are giving them our time so that we help lead, guide and direct them in the short time that we have them.
- My online ministry: I have been blessed to have come in contact with many women who have been touched by this ministry. After much prayer I know that this is where a lot of my outreach ministry time needs to be spent.
- My church family: Soon I will be making many cuts in this area however this does not mean that I should not be present in the efforts to help reach my community. After all this community and this area is where my children are going up, it is where I intend to spend the rest of my life (unless God sends us elsewhere) and it is where I come in direct with the most people.
So Then Where is it that I am Cutting Down?
In order to be effective in all the different areas of my life I need to make to that I am staying focused on what is most important. I also need to make sure that all the things that I agree to take on are things that God and my husband feel are best. That is why my heart lies here with this ministry.
Another thing that I am taking into consideration is my children. I will be making sure that any activities that I do I will be making sure I am able to involve my children in. Not only will these activities minister to others but also my children.
Now this means, that yes I am clearing things off my schedule. Things that I have said yes to out of fear that I would be missing God’s plan for me. Instead I will only be doing extra things that fit in my new guidelines that God has revealed to me.
Now I say all this because I know I can not be the only one who feels bogged down with life. As women we all feel the need to take on why more then one human should. We need to learn to sit down and make guidelines for ourselves. I strongly encourage you to sit down and think about where your priorities are. Seek God’s direction in your life and where He needs you to direct your attention.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?