This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:22-24
Anytime one mentions being submissive to our husbands women can be heard around the world gasping for air. When did being submissive to our husbands become such a bad thing? Why did it become a bad thing? When did the Biblical order of marriage change? Then I am even more so wondering when did we as Christian women allow ourselves to get s divided? As Christian women we should be a united front to the world willing to stand a part from the world and unite as one. Instead submission can bring out the craziness in women.
Over the next few weeks until God tells me I am done my marriage Tuesdays will be devoted to talking about Biblical submission in a marriage by discussing some of the myths that make us refuse it. Now you will not see me talking about the men’s part because well I am not a man and I do not feel it is my place to address them. That instead will have to me addressed by another man willing to take a stand. I will however be confronting several of the myths that surround this topic.
Myths That Will Be Addressed:
- Being submissive gives your husbands the right to abuse you physically, mentally and sexually. Indeed this will be our first stop as it is one of the top things I have found mentioned
- Being submissive means you are a doormat. This one drives me crazy!!
- Being submissive means that you are not allowed to have any opinions of your own.
- Being submissive means that you are weak.
- Submission can be demanded by your husband.
- Biblical submission in a marriage is optional.
- If your husband isn’t living right then you don’t have to be submissive.
- Being submissive means you are a slave.
I am sure there are many, many more that could be addressed but these are the main ones that I have come in contact with and these are the ones God has laid on my heart to discuss. Over the next few weeks I will ask that comments be kept friendly and that everything is read with an open mind. I also ask that you take a moment to pray for each person reading these post as well as me as I deliver them. Pray that eyes may be opened and hearts are touched.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,