This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Life as a way of taking over. Before we know it, we begin to feel exhausted and sometimes we even begin to loose ourselves. The thing about us women is that we forget to take time to rejuvenate ourselves. Going long enough without rejuvenating we begin to become ineffective in everything that we do because we begin not serving our family with a joyful heart and instead we begin to serve with a resentful heart. Here lays the reason we have to take time to rejuvenate ourselves.
So why is it that we feel that we can carry all the weight of the world on our shoulders without taking time for ourselves? Why is it that we allow mommy guilt to take over so much so that we are unable to see that we need time to ourselves? How long are we going to allow the negative voices in our head keep us from doing just what it is that we know we need?
All our lives we have been taught how idle hands can become the devil’s playground. What we forget is that while even when Jesus walked on Earth that He also had to take time for Himself.
But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. Luke 5:16
He took time to actually go somewhere alone to pray and seek God…..Mmm so why is it again that we feel guilty for doing so ourselves?
I think that it may just be that we have forgotten how to take care of ourselves. In fact, I will be the first one to say that I have almost forgotten how to take care of myself. My husband almost has to force me out of my house to take a break. Yet, when I return home I feel so much better.
If you are like me then you may need a few ideas to get you started. That is why I thought I might leave you with a few of my favorite idea.
Bridget’s Favorite Things to Promote Rejuvenation:
- Go out with a friend or two. There is nothing like connecting with other women to make your heart soar.
- Find a quiet place to simply read a book.
- Go out and actually do something for yourself. Now this could be going to get a haircut, dig through a discount bin in a local store, getting your nails done or hey whatever as long as it is done just for you.
- Take a nice long bubble bath. Don’t forget the candles.
- Take a little extra time to fix yourself up for no reason what so ever.
- Spend a little extra time soaking in God’s Word during morning devotion time.
So I would love to know how do you make sure to rejuvenate yourself?
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?