This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
One of our greatest responsibilities as parents is to minister and grow our young one’s hearts. That they will grow up to love the Lord and to love others as a result of that love of the Lord. Many times this task can be a bit overwhelming. After all, here we are helping to grow their hearts when we ourselves are still trying to grow our own.
The fact still remains growing their hearts is our responsibility. Not just the youth directors, Sunday school teachers or anyone else’s that they may come into contact with. God gave our children to us and because of that, He knows that with His help we can do it.
So Here Are Some Tips to Help You Along Your Way:
- Pray for them and with them: Before our children even make it into the world we need to be praying for their hearts. We need to pray for direction on how God needs us to work in their lives. We need to pray fervently for them as a person, about their future, about their hearts and about their future walk with the Lord. We also need to be willing to pray with them through various situations so that they will learn that God is always there to help.
- Make sure they see you trying: As a Christian, we all fall daily. Our children need to see us trying to live what we are trying to teach them. Yes, this is hard. Yes, we will fail. However, they need to see us trying, asking for forgiveness and then getting back on the right path. It’s important that they learn that we are all trying. No one is ever perfect.
- Encourage them regularly: As moms, there are days we need encouragement. We need simply words that will make us smile so that we continue on with all the things that we need to do. Our children need these words of affirmation as well. They need more encouragement than discouragement.
- Help them develop their relationship with the Lord: Show them the value of God’s Word through daily devotions together and putting God’s Word into action throughout the day. and even encouraging them to have alone time with God as they get older.
- Supply chances for them to serve others: During acts of service, our hearts are molded. The same can be said for a child. Make it a family project and watch those blessings just roll in.
Growing our children’s hearts can be an overwhelming task. However, it is one that we have to be extremely intentional about. I would love to know what tips that you have.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?