This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
As you all know if you have been following me on Mondays that I have been doing the Making Your Home A Haven series that Courtney from Women Living Well does every year at this time. So far we have talked about lighting a candle and we have talked about music. Today however we are talking about one of my favorites……Family Game Night. Now this is something we already do as a family very often. If you were here when I did the kitchen table series then you know that I am pretty adamant about doing things around my table with my family. Board games, puzzles and silly drawing contest are some of my favorites.
You may be thinking well I can skip this one. To me this is actually one of the most important things that we can do with our family’s. You see we spend so much time being consumed by day to day tasks that sometimes we simply forget to stop and have fun with our family. This is just as important as washing the clothes, feeding them healthy snacks and caring for all their other needs. You see in these moments we are making memories with them that will last a life time.
Here are some of our favorites to get those ideas turning in your head:
- Board games: I mean really can one go wrong with board and card games?
- Drawing Contest: Have each person draw a picture. Once everyone is done you vote for your favorite that will receive the reward of being displayed on the fridge.
- Silly Show Tune Recap: YouTube has so many different show intros. Try naming them off.
- Have a family movie night: Pick a movie and have at it.
- Do a cook off: Roll your sleeves up and see what you and the kids can create. Don’t forget to let dad in on the fun
Whatever you decide to do make sure to unplug yourself and enjoy the moments with your family!! Don’t forget this is also a great time to have a sleep over in the living room 🙂 .
The next part of her challenge is to work on kindness and joy. Now these can be some what tricky when the kids are going crazy and yet it is just as important as all the other challenges she has issued so far. You see when we truly focus on being kind to our family we will receive a joy that is like none other. It is in those moments we are embracing some of the joys that come with motherhood.
I would love to hear what you are doing for your family night this week be sure to share in the comments below.
To learn more about this series be sure to check out Courtney’s blog ” Women Living Well” where she is going through all these things with us.
Now it is time for the Salt & Light Link Up Party
Be the Salt & the Light to the world this week and share:
- Faith in Jesus – What inspired your faith walk with Jesus
- Marriage – What touched your heart for your spouse
- Singleness – What has inspired you to reach out to God
- Mothering – What encouraged you to be the best mom you can be this week
- Health – A new recipe that you hope to bless your family with, or health tip that will benefit your family
- Service – A story of service that touched you
- Finances – A tip that will serve your family well
- Homemaking – Inspiration to make your home a haven for your husband, kids, and guests
- Time – Share a story that opened your eyes to the use of time in our life
- Beauty – A reminder of what beauty really is in a world that tries so hard to
Mandy, Marissa, Misty and I are picking our own favorites each week to feature, so make sure to check out both of our sites to see if you were featured. My favorite this week is Is God Calling You To Change by M at Essential Thing Devotions .
Your Chance to be Salt & Light
More specifically, how are we as blogging mommies, wives, women, being salt & light towards others online?
Here is your chance to generously sprinkle some salt and shine a light: a link up where you share a post that you enjoyed recently from someone else’s blog or website.
Make sure to follow Marissa, Bridget, Misty and Mandy so you don’t miss future opportunities to be Salt & Light to others! Oh and check out Salt & Light’s pinterest board… your post might just show up there!
The fine print: Please understand that by linking up with the Salt & Light, you are agreeing to allow Rays of Grace & Joy, or Becoming a Godly Wife to feature you in a future post. That includes a link to your post, and a picture you’ve used on that post. You are also allowing Rays of Grace & Joy or Becoming a Godly Wife to share any post you link up with pinterest, facebook, twitter and/or google+. Also, by posting in this hop, you are allowing your email address to be used for a weekly reminder of the hop – your email will not be used for any other purpose, period.
Image credit:I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?