This post may contain Affiliate links. Click here to view our full disclosure.
Marriage is something that we know takes work. Yet, when our lives get busy we seem to always push our marriages on the back burner. We become less intentional when it comes to keeping things moving forward in our marriage and a lot of times we allow our marriages become stagnate.
Building and maintaining great marriages require us to focus our energies daily and not simply when there seems to be a problem. In fact, striving to maintain our marriages daily can actually help avoid a lot of our problems. However, this is also one of those things where it is easier said than done.
How Can We Be Intentional in Our Marriages Daily?
Many of us want to be intentional in our marriages and yet we simply just don’t know where to start. After all, many of us are already drowning just trying to balance everything that we have going on in our lives. So we need practical ways that we can plug into our marriages. Here are a few that I have discovered along the way.
- Pray for and over both your husband and your marriage. Once we begin praying for our husbands and our marriage we start to see areas we need to work on within ourselves, we begin seeing our husbands the way that God views them and we begin to truly focus on our marriages even more.
- Strive to talk with your husband daily. Now when I say to talk with your husband this doesn’t mean the normal talk about just the children, errands, bills, house and school stuff. I mean really talk with them. You know like the intentional conversations you had while you were dating. Just because you are married doesn’t mean that these types of conversations aren’t still important. They keep you and your husband connected and focused on each other!
- Take a look at your priorities. Our marriages suffer a lot of times because we begin to allow other things to take priority over them. Our marriages can grow if we are allowing other things to replace them on our list of things that are important to us. Maybe this means that you may have to shift some things around, give up time suckers or simply think about placing some boundaries.
- Find ways to let your husband know you are thinking about him throughout the day. Send texts, emails, phone calls or little notes in his lunch box. It really doesn’t matter how you do it as long as you take the time to do so.
- Find ways to surprise your husband. This one takes thoughts and effort. Therefore, it makes you become really be intentional about connecting with your husband and your marriage.
It is so easy to neglect our marriages and many of us are guilty of doing so. Now is the time to become more intentional about reconnecting with our spouses.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
I would like to invite you to my Facebook group Christian Homemakers in Training where we dive into homemaking, motherhood, marriage and group devotions. After all, we all need a safe place to grow together, right?